Busy machine shop in Lorton, VA is looking to hire a full time person with sheetmetal fabrication experience. Our machine shop manufactures precision mechanical parts for the electronics and defense industries. Looking for someone with a good knowledge of all aspects of manufacturing and quality in making metal parts and assemblies.
- Must be familiar with all types of machine shop equipment
- Must have basic measuring tools
- Ability to work with tolerances
- Able to read and interpret all types of drawings
- Assist in moving heavy loads of material at times
- Work with other members to complete tasks
- Main responsibility will be bending sheetmetal
- Setup and run manual and CNC press brakes
- Assist weld department with templates & fixtures
- Other duties may involve using manual punches, notchers, and other equipment
- Ability to assist in setting up hardware press, and help in prep/grind room.
Our Company provides paid vacation and holidays. Easy going environment. Hours will be 6 am – 3 pm Monday through Thursday, and 6 am – noon on Friday. Competitive salary up to $ 25/hour with 10+ years of experience. This position is not H V A C. Serious candidates should send resume (in pdf format) to firstname.lastname@example.org