We're Iridite Experts
Phoenix Companies, LLC has an Iridite laboratory on-site and we specialize in the chemical conversion coating for aluminum alloy (RoHS). We use a chemical process to produce a protective chromate conversion film on aluminum and its alloys. We can apply protective coatings by dip, brush, swab, or spray, depending on your specific needs. Finishes range from clear to dark yellow / gold tones.
The darker coatings provide the greatest corrosion protection. The coating can be used as a final finish or proof of gold application. It can also serve as a base for paints and high-performance top coats, lacquers, or as a base for rubber bonding.
- Coating protects abraded anodized surfaces and also provides electrical contact to those surfaces
- Coating size and alloy possibilities are endless
- The operating range of Iridite 14-2 is extremely flexible. Suitable adjustments of the Iridite 14-2 concentration can accommodate wide variations in immersion time, the desired corrosion protection (film thickness), and the alloy to be treated.
- Coating has minimum effect on electrical characteristics of the aluminum for high or low-frequency work when used at lower concentrations
- Coated aluminum surface can be welded.
To learn more about our Iridite services, or the additional services we provide, please contact Phoenix Companies today!
Qualified under Specification MIL-DTL-81706, Class 1A, Type II, Method A, B, C; and under Class 3, Type II, Method C. The clear 14-2 finish also qualifies under Class 3, Type II, Method C of the same specification. (Specification MIL-DTL-81706 qualifies products for use in conforming to Specification MIL-DTL-5541)
Class 1A, Type II, Method A, B, C; and under Class 3, Type II, Method C. The clear Iridite 14-2 finish also qualifies under Class 3, Type II, Method C of the same specification. (Specification MIL-DTL-81706 qualifies products for use in conforming to Specification MIL-DTL-5541).
CHEMEON TCP-NP® is an environmentally friendly trivalent chromium formulation, free of toxic and dangerous hexavalent chromium. CHEMEON TCP-NP® conforms to a wide variety of environmental and workplace safety regulations, such as RoHS, WEEE, ELV, REACH and the OSHA PEL.
Request a Quote